Friday, March 13, 2009

appropriateness of "I Caught Myself"?

I don't think the Paramore song "I Caught Myself" should have been used in the first movie. I think the lyrics and tone are more fitting for New Moon or Eclipse, when Bella figures out that she's NOT into Jacob Black.
(Team Edward all the way!!!)

Because...Twilight is about Bella falling in love with Edward, so "I Caught Myself," which--if you have half a brain, you can figure out is about someone NOT being in love with someone else--is not appropriate at all!!!

I really like this song too, so they should have saved it for later...stupid Summit Entertainment!



*haha I just noticed that I happened to pick a vid with random Portuguese subtitles in the beginning...if you know Portuguese/Spanish, this is funny!

1 comment:

  1. I know this was written years ago but you brought up a good point and one I've had myself. I'd also like to bring under question the song Decode by Paramore. I kept hearing/reading by different sources (or just the same quotes being regurgitated on multiple sites) that the lead singer of Paramore claims to have written the song specifically for Twilight because she loved the books. I don't get how the lyrics are tied to Twilight AT ALL. There are a small handful of lines that could be twisted to be applicable to the book but the lines are generic enough that they could be applied to any teen love story. I like the song well enough but I just don't see the connection.

    ReplyDelete